Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Historic Day!!





Yesturday, Daisy got a rubber chicken, or "wubba woosta"!! It was a very important day for her (and especially for me:), for she is no longer considered a "little girl." She is now a "big girl," who goes poo-poos in the potty. Yes, Daisy went poo-poos in the potty and stayed dry all day! When the Payne clan was here for Spring Break, Uncle Joseph bought himself a rubber chicken. Daisy really, really wanted one. So we bought one and told her she could have it when she went poo-poos in the toilet.
Potty training Daisy is not something I really stressed over, but I can say "It's about time!!" About a year ago, she was almost completely potty-trained. She perfected the art over the summer, but then an event occured (aka Hurricane Ike), and she no longer would use the potty. Throughout the months, we've encouraged her (with only a couple of threats:), we bought her a Thomas the Train toilet seat, and I even went back to cloth diapers, but she takes her own sweet time with everything, not excluding potty-training. About a week ago, a friend gave me some thick panties, and I called them "training panties." Daisy mistakingly thought I said "train" panties, and has tried very hard not to get her "trains" wet. I can only wonder if the "train" panties would have worked earlier...

2 comments:

  1. YEA DAISY!!! What a biiiiig girl! Love the Easter pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a funny video involving a rubber chicken to show you guys sometime.

    Personally, I think the rubber chicken should be a gift to Lizzie and all future kids upon their graduation from potty training, lol.

    ReplyDelete