Monday, January 10, 2011

She's 6!!

I keep a journal for each of my girls, and try to write in it on/around their birthday's. This is part of Faye's Journal entry:

1/8/2011
Now that I'm 6 years old, I don't feel much older, but now I look like a 7-year old. I am getting more and more helpful for Mommy. She has me vacume, wash dishes, play with my sisters, make beds (some days I will make everyone's beds, even Mom & Dad's), and I am especially good at picking up toys & making sure they get put away in the right spots.
I am reading, now. I can read short stories and in our readers (either our own or from the library), I'm on Level 1. Mommy homeschools me, but I would be in Kindergarten. I like doing school most days, and Mommy says I'm good at Math. Daisy also does homeschool. Liz sits with us, most of the time on my lap. Sometimes Mommy makes her get off, so I can see my book better. I've been trying to teach Lizzy how to read, "but she just can't learn her letters!!" After I expressed my frustrations about Lizzy's incapability to Mom, she told me that 2-year olds don't know how to read and write (at least she didn't know any 2-year olds that could). That made me feel a little better.
Some of my friends are Tayson, Kylie, Emma, Kelsy, and Grant. There are some little kids and babies, who really like me and get excited to see me.
Some of my favorite things are:
-my blankets
-butterflies!! (Daddy made a butterfly stool for my birthday & Mommy helped paint it a little--Sister Ure, Tayson's mom, did most of the painting).
-Candy (the name of my pink bear)
-Pinky Pie (my other pink bear-Candy's sweeetie)
-riding Glory (the horse)
-talking to Aunt Krystal
-having responsibility
-inviting people over-especially when they like to listen to me talk!
-going to Tayson's house
-having pajama parties/movie night (Friday's) with my family
-helping others (I'm very thoughtful)
-being pretty (dressing nice, doing my hair, etc.)
-Choosing the Right!
For Faye's birthday, we went to the Payne's. We had a lot of family and friends over on that day, so it was very crowded-something Faye loves. There was cake, ice cream, bacon & guacamole (Faye's request), pinata's (yes, there were 2!!), music, candy, games, noise, more cake, and lots of fun!

The Butterfly Stool (and notice her favorite shirt--also butterflies)...

All of my photo's of Faye hitting the pinatas were too blury, but here's some of the aftermath (it was raining, so Daddy improvised a plan)...
Singing "Happy Birthday"...

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Big Girl!! My how time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah! That journal entry was to die for cute!!! Great job on the painting, T! The stool looks fab!

    ReplyDelete