Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chrysalis

Our beautiful pet caterpillars started not doing so well in the house, so I took them outside (yes, back to my parsley), but when I was letting them go, two were missing. I went back in the house, and Daisy and I found one underneath the stool their cage was sitting on. We looked and looked for the other one, but couldn't find it. Two days later, Daisy said she found the caterpillar's chrysalis on our wall. Sure enough, we pulled out our stand, and there it was...

Faye lost her second tooth--on the top this time. She has quite the lisp. Whenever someone comes to our house she asks, "Do you want to thee our chryth-a-lith?" Ha, ha. B is always trying to get her to say words with lots of "sssss" sounds in them. He had been calling her "Toothless Wonder" but because of the change of recent events, she is now "Checkerboard" (her spaces are top, right and bottom left). Poor girl-she's had 6 years of her Daddy's "sense of humor," but has many more years to go (and many more teeth, too)...




No comments:

Post a Comment