Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Boy

Brian turned the BIG 3! 0! today!! First, I want to apologize for the poor-quality of photos. The camera didn't get very clear shots. But it was a very fun day, full of silliness, messiness, but especially togetherness (our favorite)!! We even got to ride to and from Church with him. Here's B with 2 of his girlies blowing out candles & eating cake (Liz fell asleep). The cake is german chocolate with coconut-pecan frosting (except for part of the cake--Daisy & Liz don't like that frosting). The candles spell "30" cuz we didn't have 30 candles. :)...

Faye and Daisy "fixin" Daddy's hair and being silly...



...and more sillines...



Last week, Faye made this for her B's birthday--it's a big 2X8 board with other wood scraps made into a shirt, tie, and buttons. Pretty creative. Faye loves to build. She also wrote him a funny note, but I can't find it and I can't remember what she said. I'll keep looking...




Daisy gave B her pet grasshopper, named "Cricket." I was surprised Daisy was willing to part with this critter--she watches that thing so carefully. When Cricket takes a nap, we all have to be super quiet and we can't have lights on. Daisy made him a little cage and will often sleep with him. She reads to him, too. Luckily, I think Daddy will let her take care of Cricket for him, especially when he's gone to work. He is a real grasshopper (made out of rubber :)...



Faye helped Liz wrap Skittles and Licorice to give to B, which of course she helped eat. This kid is sure fun to be around. B's playing with Liz on her little swing he added on to their bunk bed. Liz is so funny with this swing. Every night for a couple of months, we would hear her swinging, then it would be silent. We would go in, and she would be asleep on her bed. She swung herself to sleep, and still does about half the time...






3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Brain! We talked about you yesterday (in a good way, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Brian! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't looked at your blog in a while! What great pictures! Happy late late Birthday Brian. And Faye's hair... I love it! It's shorter right? And the Adoption one.. so good. Thanks for sharing that. I'm excited to see what's in store you guys next! Maybe a green-eyed boy! haha.

    ReplyDelete