Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Heritage Halloween

Our favorite place to go in Lubbock is the Ranching Heritage. Every Halloween, they do their "Heritage Halloween" and volunteers will dress up in costumes, according to their time era and stand in front of the ranch houses, passing out candy. It's a lot of fun and, of course, has become another tradition...
2 Balerinas (+2 tutus) + 1 Cowgirl (+ 1 horse + 1 saddlebag) = A Whole Lot of Cuteness!!


And here, you can see Daisy's "roped" Sheepie, hanging from her horse...

In one field, they had volunteers helping kids "rope" some calves. Once Dais saw it, she was no longer intersted in the candy. Look at that--tongue out and everything! When Daisy is focused (which is really not that often), she sticks her tongue out...


Liz wanted to try it, too..


And of course my Faye-girl's not afraid to rope in her tutu...


I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but a couple weeks ago, I got slammed in the lip while playing basketball. I decided an old army gal would be a good costume to go along with an open-facial wound...




We do love the Ranching Heritage!

2 comments:

  1. You better come back to Houston and play. I promise we won't slam you in the mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was typing that last comment Chloe kept whining, "Where's Daisy?", "Where's Daisy?". She doesn't recognize her in her costume and is very distressed that she's not with ya'll.

    ReplyDelete