Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July Fun

This year we spent the 4th up in Weatherford, Texas. Between chocolate ice cream cones, bbq'd hamburgers, firecrackers, an endless supply of popcicles, and being with family, we had a very fun 4th of July.





Our little family watching the fireworks show, put on by Jason & Michelle.













Jason & Michelle made it a lot of fun for our family. Our girls wouldn't have had much (or any) of a firecracker experience if it wasn't for them. This is Michelle helping Faye with a roman candle:



While we were lighting sparklers and watching firecrackers, Faye kept asking me when it was going to be time to eat the crackers. At first, I thought "Who told you we were eating crackers?" When she kept asking me about it, and I asked her, "What crackers are you talking about, Faye?" She said, "You know, Mommy--the cwackers!!" I still didn't understand, until a few seconds later I was talking to B, and I said the word: "fire-CRACKER." I then explained to Faye what a firecracker was, just as we were watching the last one go off:).







No comments:

Post a Comment