Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ranching Heritage

One of our favorite places to visit in Lubbock, is the Ranching Heritage Museum. They have ranch houses, that have been refurnished/restored/relocated to this one area. I love homeschooling and being on my own schedule. Both times we've been to the RH, we were just about the only ones there. The girls love looking at the homes, and Faye is our little "map" girl. At the beginning, they hand out a map, telling information about each of the houses. Faye always is making sure we are at the right house and on track with the map...
There are Jack-rabbits all over the place, and it's pretty cool to see them hopping around. Here are the girls, stopping to look at one...

And here are two monkeys on a longhorn (I took this picture quickly, so I could tell them to stop swinging on it. Daisy looked concerned and asked if it was because it would break it's horn off?)...

2 comments:

  1. Love the longhorn picture! It's priceless! Wish we could take a few field trips together. Maybe someday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great action in the longhorn picture. And the jackrabbits!

    Also, I haven't visited your blog in a while (I see the content in Google Reader, but not the design), and that is a fantastic family picture up top!

    ReplyDelete