Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!!

April 2nd was a great day this year!! I turned 29, but I also got to coach an amazing little 6 year old (that's right--Coach T is back). Faye not only played really well, but she scored her very first goal...EVER....ON MY BIRTHDAY!! So, it was an amazing birthday present, and I lost my voice over it, too. Now let me explain the goal to you: Faye was working very hard. She is still learning how to play soccer (and so am I), and she still hesitates whenver she gets "bumped" on the field. So, back to the game--she was running, working hard to get around the players, when the ball broke loose, and she took it. Down the field she dribbled, ahead of everyone else, sprinting with that ball. It was awesome. She reached the goal about 15 feet in front of everyone else. Then, she goes to shoot the ball...misses, trips, and does a nice big belly-flop on top of the ball and right in front of the goal line (literally about a foot away). She quickly stands up, very imbarrassed, looks back at the other players running at her, and she sorta side kicks the ball into the goal. After she scored, she started walking back to the middle of the field, not sure whether or not to be happy or imbarrassed. This is when I lost my voice. Then she grinned and started running, and that grin was one awesome birthday present. We sure made--and still make--a big deal out of her goal, but I always make sure to leave the belly-flop part out of the picture. :):)...

Daisy is still her same silly self--that kid is so funny to watch on the soccer field. She sure performs, but maybe not the way her coach wants. :) This photo is Daisy Payne with Daisy Payne. Daisy's teammate's cousin (got it?) has the exact same name...kinda fun. Brian and I talked with their parents to try to figure out if we were related. We are pretty sure we are somehow, but we weren't able to figure out how...


And today, Faye did my left-over birthday dishes for me. She wanted me to take a picture of her "dishes collage." I thought it was very creative, and I liked it even better that they were clean dishes. :) Thank you, my little Faye-lett.

I had a very good birthday--thank you all who made it so special. I had soccer games in the morning, we went to a rodeo between Conference sessions (I hope to get pics later), and I especially enjoyed coming home to General Conference. I absolutely LOVE it when Conference falls on my birthday. I got pampered temporally and spiritually!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a very Happy Birthday!
    and Congrats to Faye on her first goal!!!

    ReplyDelete