Thursday, March 31, 2011

Funny Words...

I wish I would write down more of what my darlin' kidos say. But for now, I'll savor what I have written and try to do better in the future:

FAYE
1) One night at dinner: "Mmmmm... I'm so hungry, I can eat all my food. (Normally, it's not that easy to get my girls to eat "all" their food).
2) Randomly, one day: "My nose is hot."
3) My conversation with Faye:
Faye: Mom, should I love Heavenly Father and Jesus the most?
Me: What do you think?
Faye: Yes.
Me: Why?
Faye: Because they work the hardest. They work harder than Dad!!

DAISY
1) Daisy was working on a craft in the other room. She came in and asked: "Mommy, how do you spell CTR?"
2) My kids want another baby (and so do I :), so I asked Daisy: "When are we going to have our next baby?" Daisy said, "Maybe on Wednesday." (If it were only that easy...)
3) One morning I was getting breakfast ready, and Faye & Liz were still asleep. Daisy walked into the kitchen, sat down for a few minutes, took a sigh, and said, "I love it when it's quiet" (then sighed again).
4) I was looking for some items the girls had lost (I don't remember what they were), so I told them:
Me: Girls, use your good eyes and go find them.
Daisy: Ok. I'll use my cock-eyes!!
Me: Do you mean your "hawk"-eyes?
Daisy: Yeah.

LIZ
She's grown out of a lot of these saying, but I started my list a few months ago and included here, cuz it's soooo cute!!
1) After washing her hands: "You mell my hans?" (Will you smell my hands?)
2) While on the potty: "I mell kinky yike a kunk." (I smell stinky like a skunk)
3) When B was on his way home from work (the girls like to hide from him): "I yant hide fwom-ee Daddy in hewe." (I want to hide from my Daddy in here)
4) After I poured applesauce in a bowl, it peaked at the top: "Oh-ho-oh (squeals)!!! A Temple!" (and she pointed to the peak)
5) While making a mad dash to the bathroom, she stopped to take her socks off. I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "I need me socksies off to poop."
6) (Another potty story!) Liz had called me to wipe her. I was diligently doing my job, when she decided to give me an education: "Boys stand up, Mommy."
7) Once Liz woke up in the middle of the night screaming!! I was so scared and thought for sure something was wrong. I jumped out of bed and went running into her room. I turned the light on, and her body was hanging down the slide with her hands clinging to the top--just like she would be clinging to the top of a cliff--for dear life!! I wondered what she dreaming, and whenever I remember the scene, it makes me laugh. I thoroughly enjoyed "saving her life" and then cuddling with her, especially since B was working, and I needed a cuddle-buddy.

Faye & Liz Conversation:
I had made cupcakes and was getting them ready for the girls. Faye was sick that day, but they were all lined up on the counter, watching me frost the cupcakes, anyway:
Faye: "I just want a little bit, cuz I'm sick."
Liz: (looks at Faye, then back at the cupcakes) "I want a BIG bit!"

1 comment:

  1. How cute these are! LOL! I want a BIG bit too Lizzie! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete