Sunday, April 24, 2011

Other Hap'nins

April has been a crazy, busy, stressful, fast, furious, but also fun month. I managed to get a few pictures...

The ABC Rodeo, at Texas Tech. Here's the girls with the Sandhills Rodeo Princess...

And the Lubbock Prepardeness Fair. I am SOOOO glad that is over!! Brian was the chairman, and I was asked to be the co-chair. It was most (if not all) of the reason April was stressful. :) Brian was interviewed by 3 different TV news reporters at the fair, and he had a lot of people congradulate him--from work & even our neighbors. It was neat to be able share the Gospel with so much of the Lubbock community (I'm just glad it wasn't me they interviewed) :)...


For the fair, I was in charge of and helped out with a few different booths. One of them was dehydrated foods. Luckily I visit teach a wonderful sister who is very good at this, and delegated that one to her. :) I did help dehydrate a whole bunch of samples, and I had a little helper myself. Faye loves to decorate and arrange things. It's a little blurry, but she arranged bananas, pears, and mangos...


After the very-stressful weekend of the fair was over, we took a short vacation to the Payne's in Weatherford, where my wonderful hubby completely surprised me with a camping trip (kid-free!!). A few weeks before my birthday, B asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Knowing he would be post-call on my birthday, and then on-call again the day after, I jokingly told him I wanted to go camping. We both gave a curtesy laugh, knowing it was impossible, but wishing it were possible, and then I thought nothing of it... until we actually went camping. He told me it was a belated birthday present. It was a surprise, because I thought we were just going out to Walmart (our usual date-night) and then maybe to buy a frozen-yogurt to share. I had no idea he had all our camping gear, fishing gear, and grub in the trunk. Then, we went to a bait shop, and the surprise began...



(Thanks, Dad, for letting us use your fishing gear and helping arrange the location. And thanks, Mom, for watching the kiddo's)!!


Here are the girls at our favorite place to go here in Lubbock (the Ranching Heritage). They had a special event and brought in a giant map of South America, that people could walk on and look at. It was impressive. I especially liked finding all the inlets/outlets to the Amazon River--that is one amazing river system!! Lizzy liked jumping in the oceans. Daisy liked looking for mountains and grasslands. Faye liked looking at the different countries...



Faye lost her first tooth last night. Yesturday morning she woke up wiggling it, and then last night she asked me if I would pull it out. I pulled for a while and couldn't get it. She wanted it out really bad and let me pull some more, which surprised me (she won't even let me pull out a sticker that she's got stuck in the bottom of her foot). After pulling again, I got it, and that thing bled quite a bit, but she has been so excited about loosing it...


She has asked me to take so many pictures of that thing. She looks so cute without her tooth...


And here's Daisy-dog with her apprentice. Such fun puppies (except when Lizzy came up and licked my foot today). Daisy has always been good at sharing her talents with others...




1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are a busy woman! I hope you'll be busy this weekend with your new niece. Love ya, Camille

    ReplyDelete