Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Houston Zoo

One of the days in Houston, we spent at the zoo. Out of all the years living in Galveston, we never did take the trip up to visit the zoo, but when we vacationed there for 3 weeks, we did. Go figure. :) My girls loved seeing the animals, and it was a great day, weather-wise...
We spent over an hour just watching the elephants get their daily baths. The babies were sooooo cute!


Here's a zoo-keeper feeding a nice, clean 18-month elephant calf, with Daisy dreaming that it's herself feeding the calf. :)


The little Paynes visitning the African Forest animals...
Daisy, talking to a monkey, and I think the monkey was actually listening...
My girls are growing so fast. That giraffe isn't that much taller than them...
I probably took over 10 photos of my girls sitting here (I was trying to catch the otter swimming by in the back-ground). I never did get good otter-shot, but this was my favorite one of the girls...





One of the exibits had tunnels into the Prairy-dog cage. Don't my little prairy-dogs look so cute peeking out of their little tunnel???


Faye, showing off her photography skills by the pink flamingos... :)





1 comment:

  1. You guys had never been to the zoo!? Glad you got to go. It was fun to see y'all and how much your girls had grown!

    ReplyDelete