Sunday, November 18, 2012

work, homeschooling, etc...

I can't believe I'm actually blogging.  It seems like my last post wasn't that long ago, but I guess time is once again playing tricks on me.  :)  I'm just going to start with now, and if I can do older posts, so be it.  If I can't, oh well...

Life has been very good to us Paynes right along with being busy.  B has been extremely busy with work and interviews!!  Interview season is now over, and I am grateful to have my husband back in my life.  He is planning to do a fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicin (PEM).  It is a 3-year fellowship and we will find out if and where we match on November 28th.  So excited!! (but dreading the move--I don't enjoy that so much).  We would be moving in June 2013. 

I have really been enjoying the privilage of homeschooling the girls--they are so silly, creative, diligent, and fun as we do school each day.  There are so many moments of gratitude as I observe and instruct them, but there are those moments of feeling overwhelmed and inadequate.  I got this shot of Faye last Wednesday--she woke up, made her bed, said her prayers, got dressed, fixed her own breakfast, fed her doll, took her doll for a stroll, then began school all by herself, before I had made my bed. :)  I found her doing math with Jayne Payne (doll) and Addy (dog).  Now that's one diligent girly!  These are the moments I love homeschooling:

Liz needed help with her math on the computer a couple weeks ago.  I kneeled down to help her, and Addy walked over and curled up on my legs for a quick nap.  She's such a cuddly dog, we've really enjoyed her.  And B just installed a doggy-door (in our window :), so now she is completely potty-trained...ok, ok, I mean house-trained (with no thought on my part!).  Also, notice a portion of bright orange on Daisy (in front of me)?  Thanks to Grandma Payne, she is now Astronaut Daisy, and is determined to go to Mars when she grows up.  She is quickly becoming a space expert/astonomer and has already put a hole in her suit in her pursuit of her journey to space.  Funny kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment