Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Supper"

The neighbors have a pet deer. They found it on the side of the road when he was just a baby fawn. He had been hit by a car and had a broken leg. So they brought him home, stinted his leg, bottle-fed him, and named him "Supper." He is the friendliest little thing, and it's been a lot of fun having him around.



He stopped to play with us while we were on a morning walk this last week...




Brian set up chairs out back so we could all come out and enjoy the outdoors on this beautiful Sunday evening. Supper saw the crowd and came to play. His antlers are starting to bud out, or whatever you call it, so he likes to pretend he's head-butting, but he plays like a dog. It is so funny to watch. I tried to catch it on camera, but wasn't able to, but I did get a pretty cute one with Faye & Lizzy playing with the deer...



5 comments:

  1. Love "Supper"! Can't wait to meet him! I wonder if he will be dangerous when he is older, though?

    & your actual Halloween supper looked terrific! I kept thinking I should be imaginative for dinner this Halloween, but we had tons to do so my sanity won out. It looks like we missed out, though!

    Love,
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I had no idea you had a blog! I'm glad I got into it! I hope all is going well for you and your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Halloween dinner looked like so much fun. We really miss ya'll. I bet Weatherford is really nice though.

    ReplyDelete