Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My amazing bookshelf! My amazing hubby!

Several months ago, I told B that I needed (ok, wanted) a bookshelf. He thought about it, and then talked to me about a design he had thought of. It sounded ok, and I wasn't picky, but really I had no idea how good it was going to be. First he made the base when he had a couple hours to spare (the bottom shelf), but then it just sat in the garage for a few weeks. Then, in April, he had a week off. On Monday, he finished the shelves:

He made the shelves so they all stack into eachother, and everything fits into the base. On Tuesday, we painted them:



On Wednesday, we lackered them:



Thursday morning, we put a 2nd coat on, then left to go to Weatherford (for Daisy's birthday). They had a few days to dry, but when we got home, I was anxious to see them up. I can arrange them any way I want. So fun:



...in more ways than I thought...



And here is the end product, after a month's use. I love my bookshelf, but I love my hubby even more! :)





3 comments:

  1. That's what you get for being a wife to a craftsman and a daughter to a craftsman....and that is something very nice to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome bookshelf! Are the pieces attached to each other or just balanced?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not attached--just the weight of the books holds it down, and it's pretty sturdy, too (we checked). :)

      Delete