Thursday, May 24, 2012

random happenings

I got a professtional photographer to take family pictures (finally). Yup. And I had her come all the way from Weatherford, Texas to do it (of course, I used the "triathlon" to lure her here). :) Jessica has a talent for taking pictures, as well as a very handy camera to do it with. She may not be considered professional, but I think that's only because her price isn't "professional," which I have no complaints about. :) So, you may notice some "new" shots on my blog. They are the production of Jess, although B and I can take a little credit for making such cute kids.

Here's the girlies at the first photo shoot, and they are ready to be done. Don't worry, we have another photo shoot scheduled for the next day.

How did they behave so well, you wonder? Bribery. Jess took us out to Krispy Kreme after the girlys were done...




I love cuddling with my kids while they go to sleep, although I don't get to as often as I like. Faye is especially sweet to me, and will often play with my hair until she falls asleep. One night, she borrowed Jess' brush and brushed my hair until she fell asleep...with the brush still in her hand. It was heavenly...


"Lucky Lubbockians" That's what the media called us, because we were in just the right location to see the rare eclipse. Of course my camera is not doing it justice, and we actually didn't get to see the full eclipse, because a big cloud came and covered it, but we got to see the beginning of it. Way cool...


Daisy brought this to me and asked, "Mom, which one do you think is Jesus?"

Me: "The happy one?"

Daisy: "Yup, and Satan is the mad one, because he is dark."




A couple of weeks ago, I went to get something from the deep freezer in the garage. This is what I found. I questioned Brian about it (he had been cutting down a tree out back). He said it started to get really hot. He was simply solving a problem. Hmmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment