I know, I know, you are already so impressed with the triathlon, just because of the redneck sign. :) Jess and I were feeling the excitement of the race for sure (with a little anxiety, since we were told the night before that the water was 61 degrees, and we didn't have wetsuits).
When we arrived, we set up our bikes in the transition area, got our numbers painted, and inspected the coarse a little.

Here we are lining up to start--we just crossed the sensors and are waiting for the "GO."

500 meter swim...

17.6 mile bike...

5 kilometer run...

It felt so good to cross that finish line. It was such a beautiful day, and I learned a lot. For example, swimming in a pool is very different than a lake (ha, ha); lake water also tastes worse when accidentally inhaled; $3 goggles fog very easily and make it hard to see (so does brown water); road bikes are not the same as mountain bikes (this was my 2nd time ever riding a road bike-I rented it from Texas Tech); transition time does matter; it takes at least one mile to feel your legs again after transitioning from biking to running; and I think I better stop there. But I finished, felt great, and--most importantly--was able to go home and still be a mommy all day. :)
Here we are lining up to start--we just crossed the sensors and are waiting for the "GO."
500 meter swim...
17.6 mile bike...
5 kilometer run...
It felt so good to cross that finish line. It was such a beautiful day, and I learned a lot. For example, swimming in a pool is very different than a lake (ha, ha); lake water also tastes worse when accidentally inhaled; $3 goggles fog very easily and make it hard to see (so does brown water); road bikes are not the same as mountain bikes (this was my 2nd time ever riding a road bike-I rented it from Texas Tech); transition time does matter; it takes at least one mile to feel your legs again after transitioning from biking to running; and I think I better stop there. But I finished, felt great, and--most importantly--was able to go home and still be a mommy all day. :)
Daisy came to the race with Brian (B's the one taking all the pics), and our very nice neighbors watched the rest of the little Paynes. Brian loved hangin' with Dais, and I was very glad to have another fan cheering me...
And it was a lot more fun to have someone race with me. Thanks, Jessica!
Some of you have asked what my time/place was:
Swim:11:33
Bike: 1:05:35
Run: 26:54
Total (w/transitions): 1:47:40
Placed 3rd in Womens (out of 20)
Placed 32nd Overall (out of abt 65-70)
Placed 1st in my Age (out of 3) --ha, ha :)
(here's the website: https://www.nolimitstiming.com/results/default.aspx?event=12212)
Well done! That is a GREAT time! You inspire me!
ReplyDelete