Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our 6-year Old

For Brian's week off from work (and the week of Daisy's birthday), we decided we were just going to stay home and get cought up on things. Daisy, however, had other plans. Whenever she saw anybody (even strangers), she told them that she was going to her grandma's house for her birthday. Each time she told someone this, I explained to her that we were not going anywhere--just staying home. It just went in one ear and out the other...every time. So, about the 8th time, Brian thought that maybe we should go to grandma's house...

Daisy wanted an "under-the-sea-shark cake what was blue and green." Those were her exact words (but, sadly, the dollar store didn't have very many sharks)...




...but Daisy didn't mind...



Daisy wanted an Indian Princess outfit. I surprised her (and myself) with one. She wears it quite a bit, too. Brian named her "Squaw," and she reported to me a couple days ago that she likes it when Daddy calls her that. I was hoping for Little Fawn, or something, but it is not to be (sigh)...



That night, Papa made Daisy a campfire, and we cooked smores. This was my favorite part of the trip. I love fires, especially when it's a little cold outside. It was perfect...












1 comment:

  1. Jacob wants to know if he keeps telling people he's going to his Grandma's house for his birthday, that I'll take him there. I wish! Can't believe how big they are all getting. Tell them to slow down until we can see them again.

    ReplyDelete