Thursday, March 24, 2011

Children Need Books...and so do I

FAYE
Faye has been a very good reader, lately. I love listening to her read stories to her sisters!! She has no idea how much I love it. She thinks I'm just "captured" by the story like her sisters. :) And although they are cute stories, they can only hold my attention for so long, but watching my 6-year old read--that I can do all day. It's amazing to see her little mind do big things.

DAISY
She CAN clean...my little Daisy Dog not only can clean, but she can clean fast!! I just discovered this tonight. Normally, she goes to clean, and--it's like magic--the first item she picks up instantly takes her to another world. She's gone. Just Faye and I left in this world to clean (and Lizzy's pretty good, too). No distant world tonight, though. And, what was her motivation, you may be wondering? I told the girls I would read them a book if we hurried and cleaned after bathtime. She was the first in the tub (unusual), the first in her pj's (very unusual), and the first to start cleaning (what!!--she knows how to clean?!!?). This house (not just a room) was picked up in less than 5 minutes (and today was even and extra "creative" day of learning and play!!). The book was a cute book that our neighbor let us borrow (Bubba, the Cowboy Prince), and I guess Daisy got excited (and stayed excited) about reading it. We all cuddled up on the couch, in a nice clean house, with sweet & clean smelling children, and read books. Liz fell asleep on my lap; Faye & Daisy gave kisses good night after the last book and then went to their room, said their prayers, and are now sleeping blissfully. Ahhh...I love nights like this (except my hubby is working!!!).

LIZ
Liz has been saying two phrases a lot, lately:
1) "Chicken Pluck" (which I'm not sure where it originated from)
2) "Dogerella, Fluff My Tail!!!"
For school, Faye has a little reader book we checked-out from the library, called Dogerella (It's another take on Cinderella). Faye has read it quite a few times to Liz, who seems to ask for it every day. It is a fun book, where the evil step-dog mother orders Dogerella to "fluff my tail." Liz goes around calling all her doggie stuffed-animals "Dogerella" and demanding them to "fluff her tail." Should I be worried? Nahh... it's cute--as long as she doesn't demand me to fluff her tail. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment