Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ruidoso, New Mexico

Last weekend, Brian had a work retreat in Ruidoso, NM. It was about a 4 hour drive to get there--not too bad. They had a large cabin, where we stayed with 2 other families (B's co-workers). It was very nice to get away, and even nicer to have my hubby!! And there were mountains!! We went on a little hike with the girls, took a lunch, and had snowball fights when we found a nice snow patch or two. I was so excited to see, and play on, and carry home some :) mountain!! So fun...

We drove up a winding road to the top of a mountain, where there was a beautiful (and windy) view. It was pretty chilly up there, but we got a few photos (some with Faye's help)...
Daisy was our little guide. She carried this green map, looking for trails to hike...

I Love them kisses!!...

We ate a lot of junk food and candy at the cabin. I think it hit my girls on the way home. They sorta-kinda went a little crazy for a while :). I love this one of Liz...


...and then this is what happened when we crossed the state line into Texas. I was just glad B asked me to drive so he could "study" (watch the kids :)...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I know what I will be singing when I enter Texas...Airspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She wasn't born here, but she got here as fast as she could.....

    ReplyDelete